Schools must use the funding to make additional and sustainable improvements to the quality of PE and sport they offer.
This means that you should use the premium to:
Develop or add to the PE and sport activities that your school already offers; make improvements now that will benefit pupils joining the school in future years.
For example, you can use your funding to:
- Hire qualified sports coaches to work with teachers
- Provide existing staff with training or resources to help them teach PE and sport more effectively
- Introduce new sports or activities and encourage more pupils to take up sport
- Support and involve the least active children by running or extending school sports clubs, holiday clubs and Change4Life clubs
- Run sport competitions
- Increase pupils’ participation in the School Games
- Run sports activities with other schools
You should not use your funding to:
- Employ coaches or specialist teachers to cover planning preparation and assessment (PPA) arrangements – these should come out of your core staffing budgets
- Teach the minimum requirements of the national curriculum – including those specified for swimming (or, in the case of academies and free schools, to teach your existing PE curriculum).
Martlesham’s Sports Premium Funding